Monday 22 August 2011

Sigh...

This makes me sad ...

Particularly the bit

Unmarried and a virgin at 30, Proctor has struggled with her sexual identity since puberty, believing her same-sex thoughts are a sin. Last year, she says, she was masturbating almost daily, sometimes twice a day. To rehabilitate herself, she became an active member of Dirty Girls Ministries and started driving two hours to attend a 12-step program for sex addicts called Heart to Heart.
One day maybe we'll live in a world where people aren't made to feel crushing self revulsion for just being who they are. I live in hope.

2 comments:

Robin said...

That is just... bizarre. I wonder how someone with no discernible sense of humour manages to produce a title like Dirty Girls Ministry?

Maytheweed said...

I know... it'd be hilarious if it didn't make me want to beat my head against the wall repeatedly.